We are H Mart, the largest Asian supermarket chain in America. Starting in 1982 with a single store in Woodside, Queens, H Mart has grown to include more than 67 stores across the United States. H Mart is America’s premier Asian food destination and provides groceries and everyday essential needs as well as upscale products. H Mart offers a full line of Asian foods as well as a broad range of Western groceries to complement its full scale offering to that of a traditional supermarket. H Mart is also known for its innovative new food halls which are an extension of over 37 years of providing eateries in its stores.
About this job:
H Mart is looking for a detail-oriented and passionate HR Administrator. You will be supporting various HR operation duties such as health insurance management process, contacting related outside HR vendors or counterparts, support onboarding process, assisting compliance issues and any other HR operational activities. This job gives you the opportunity of growing yourself and your career at a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment, pay and
workplace laws and regulations.
- Partner closely with internal team members to establish alignment and respond to
- Communicate and ensure understanding within labor laws, regulations, and
organizational policies and procedures.
- Answer questions from managers and employees and inform HR Director of any
issues requiring their involvement.
- Assist recruiting and interviewing process. Maintain job posting sources, phone
screen, conduct interviews and coordinate with hiring managers, reference and
- Provide support in all HR –related disciplines, including, but not limited to, staffing,
organizational development, employee relations, talent management, organizational
redesign, and performance management and employee development.
- Support the annual Performance Appraisal process.
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of bringing onboard a new employee including scheduling orientation, communicating with Office Services, IT, HR Operations; preparing new hire packets, collecting and processing new hire paperwork, interfacing with payroll/benefits.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bilingual (Korean and English) preferred
- Basic knowledge of COBRA, diversity/EEO, FMLA and related state and federal regulations is required and must have strong intellectual curiosity to stay informed and compliant with employment laws and HR practice.
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Human Resources,
Organizational Psychology, Business or related field
- Entry to 1 year of work experience in the related field preferred
- HR Internship experience and/or previous administrative experience preferred
- Asian-American supermarket experience preferred
Work Hours & Benefits:
- MON-FRI, 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Company provided Lunch
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- PSL / PTO
- Paid Holidays per company policy
- Celebration & Condolence Benefits per company policy
- Eligibility to use Company owned Resort per company policy
- 5% Employee Points program with H Mart Smart Card
- 300 Chubb Ave., Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
H Mart is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
H Mart is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, status as a Vietnam Era or disabled veteran, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on H Mart. Please inform our Human Resources Department or the Store Manager if you need assistance completing any forms or otherwise participating in the application process. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
근무 상세 내용
- 고용형태: 정규직
- 지역: 뉴저지
- 근무요일: 주 5일(월, 화, 수, 목, 금)
- 근무시간: 09:00 am ~ 06:00 pm
- 급여: 면접 후 결정
접수방법 및 기간