THE KOREA SOCIETY is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) organization with individual and corporate members that is dedicated solely to the promotion of greater awareness, understanding, and cooperation between the people of the United States and Korea.
The Korea Society is seeking a Financial Controller with solid experience in not-for-profit accounting. The Financial Controller will report to the President and will be the liaison to the Board of Directors while supervising one accounting staff. The Financial Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations with functional responsibility for accounting procedures, investments, budgeting, and grants administration. The Financial Controller will be the point of contact for banks, auditors, and tax authorities.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipts of revenue, costs, program budgets, and actual expenditures
- Consistently analyze financial data and present quarterly and annual financial reports in an accurate and timely manner to the President and Board as requested;
- Oversee all financial, program, and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period
- Establish finance and administrative systems to support operations.
- Create organization budget template and department budgets for functional areas, monitor and compare to actual results, identify, explain and report variances as appropriate
- Prepare cash flow analysis, and monitoring and forecasting revenues and expenses.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements and present financial information to other managers, Finance Committee, and Board for review and discussion.
- Coordinate all audit activities, preparation of Form 990, and compliance with financial transparency and reporting requirements.
- Manage grants and donations received ensuring funds are accurately recorded and expenditures are aligned with gift restrictions
- Provide detailed financial information to the Development team for grant proposals and reporting. Regularly review the allocation of funds and reconcile the Development records with the Accounting records to ensure all parties have accurate information
- Enhance, implement and monitor financial/accounting policies and processes and internal controls; improve the policy and procedure manual
- Support development function by tracking and providing information for fundraising proposals, reports, and contracts, and reconciling records.
- Must have 5 years minimum in non-profit accounting/finance experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, an advanced degree and/or CPA preferred
- Must have experience in a senior financial management role
- Experience with audit, legal compliance, and budget development
- Ability to translate financial information and effectively collaborate with non-finance colleagues
- Demonstrated solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development, and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and accounting for investments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills; proficient in the use of accounting software (Accountedge), and G-suite
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Bilingual in Korean/English is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75~$85K with 4-day workweek
Location: Work from home and New York Office
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
No phone calls. Please submit a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com with “Financial Controller: Your Name” in the subject line.
근무 상세 내용
- 고용형태: 정규직
- 지역: 뉴욕, 뉴욕시티, 맨하탄
- 근무요일: 주 5일(월, 화, 수, 목)
- 근무시간: 09:00 am ~ 05:00 pm
- 급여: $75,000 - $85,000/연봉
접수방법 및 기간
- 접수기간: 2020.10.30 ~ 2021.01.28